A.中文名称：新加坡南洋孔教会；英文名称：“Nanyang Confucian Association”。以下简称“本会”。
B. 注册地址为511 Guillemard Road, #02-35 Grandlink Square, Singapore 399849。董事会可决议更改注册地址，但须得到社团注册局批准。
5. 加强与社会各界、各文化团体和全球儒学组织的联系，共同促进人类文明事 业的发展。
A. The Society shall be named “Nanyang Confucian Association”, hereinafter referred to as the Association.
B. Its place of business shall be at “511 Guillemard Road, #02-35 Grandlink Square, Singapore 399849” or such other address as may subsequently be decided upon by the Committee and approved by the Registrar of Societies. The Association shall carry out its activities only in places and premises which have the prior written approval from the relevant authorities, where necessary.
1. To propagate the Confucian ideology and promote the Confucianism School of Thoughts. Preserve and carry forward past cultural teachings, establish peace for all future generations.
2. To promote the worthy Chinese values: loyalty and filial piety, courtesy and honesty.
3. To make unremitting efforts for the promotion of mutual trust and harmony for the coexistence of different cultures and religions.
4. To elevate the civility of the people for the building of a harmonious society that accepts differences.
5. To strengthen relationships with all sectors of society, cultural groups and global Confucian organizations for the promotion of the development of human civilization.
c. 附属会员（非公民）（Associate Member）
A. Grouping of membership: –
a. Ordinary Members
b. Core Members
c. Associate Member (Non-Citizen)
B. Ordinary Member
1. Criteria: Ordinary Membership is open to all persons who are Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents of 21 years old and above and who are willing to abide by the Constitution of the Association.
2. Admission Procedure: Any person wishing to join the Association must complete the application form for membership.
He will be duly informed by the Secretary General after his application has been screened and approved by the Committee.
The membership is confirmed once the membership fee is paid.
3. Admission Fee: The entrance fee for Ordinary Membership is $200.00 and the Committee reserves the right to revise the entrance fee.
4. Rights and Obligations
All members have the right
4.1 To participate in activities and study courses run by the Association.
4.2 They shall abide by the Constitution and the resolutions reached at the meetings of the Committee and/or of the Association.
C. Core Membership
1. Any Ordinary member shall be eligible for Core Membership subject to the approval of the Committee.
2. Eligible to attend the General Meeting of members, have the right to vote and be elected into office.
3. Other terms and requirements are the same as Ordinary members.
D. Associate Member
1. Criteria: Associate Membership open to all persons who are Non-Singapore citizens, non-Singapore permanent residents of 21 years.
2. Admission procedures, membership funds, rights and obligations are the same as ordinary members.
E. Membership Adjustment
1. The Committee has the right to recommend and approve Ordinary Members to become Core Members.
2. The Committee has the right to adjust Core Members to Ordinary Members.
3. The Committee does not need to send a letter to inform the relevant members after making the membership adjustments.
F. Disqualification of Membership
1. Any member found guilty of committing an act prejudicial to the reputation and interest of the Association shall have his membership cancelled with immediate effect, if it is approved by two-thirds of members attending the Committee Meeting
2. Any member who wishes to quit the Association may do so by writing to the Committee.
The supreme authority of the Association is vested in a General Meeting of the members.
A. Annual General Meeting (AGM)
1. The AGM shall be held between the months of January and May yearly.
2. The quorum of the AGM is at least 25% of the total voting membership, i.e. Core Members or 30 voting members, whichever is the lesser.
3. In the event of there being no quorum at the commencement of a General Meeting, the meeting shall be adjourned for half an hour and should the number then present be still insufficient to form a quorum, those present shall be considered a quorum, but they shall have no power to amend any part of the existing Constitution
4. For a motion to be adopted as a resolution, it requires the concurrence of more than half of the voting members attending the meeting.
5. Notice of meeting should be sent to members 12 days before the meeting is to be convened.
6. Any member who wishes to include his proposal on the agenda of the General Meeting may do so, provided a notice in writing has been given to the Secretary – General one week before the meeting is due to be held.
7. The following points will be considered at the AGM:
7.1 The previous financial year’s accounts and annual report of the Committee. Financial report must bear the signatures of the President, Treasurer and Auditors.
7.2 Where applicable, the election of office bearers and Auditors for the following term.
7.3 To appoint the Trustees of the Association
7.4 To elect and discharge the Permanent Honorary President.
B Extraordinary General Meeting
1. In the event of any special purpose, an Extraordinary General Meeting may be called by the Committee.
2. Extraordinary General Meeting may be requested by 25% of the total Core membership or 30 Core members, whichever is the lesser. The notice in writing shall be given to the Secretary setting forth the business that is to be transacted. The Extraordinary General Meeting shall be convened within two (2) months from receiving this request to convene the Extraordinary General Meeting.
3. If the Committee does not within two (2) months after the date of the receipt of the written request proceed to convene an Extraordinary General Meeting, the members who requested for the Extraordinary General Meeting shall convene the Extraordinary General Meeting by giving twelve (12) days’ notice to all Core members setting forth the business to be transacted.
2.1 刚卸任之上届会长，自动成为下 届董事会成员，提供必要之咨询。
4.3 当会长与常务副会长都请假或不在国内时，以代会长的身份负起会长 的职务与责任。
1. A Core Member is eligible to nominate and express his support for the nomination; he can also stand for election and be elected as Committee member.
2. An Election Committee shall be formed prior to the expiry of the Committee so as to facilitate the election of the new Committee.
3. The Election Committee shall be made up of five directors recommended by the present Committee.
4. The duties of the Election Committee are –
4.1 To elect the Chairman of the Election Committee.
4.2 To fix the date of AGM for election.
4.3 To send out notices of election together with nomination form to Core Members 12 days before the date of election.
4.4 Each person can only submit one nomination form.
4.5 To ensure that not more than the names of 4 candidates are included in the nomination form.
4.6 To screen the qualifications of the candidates and their seconders.
4.7 The nomination form shall be considered valid only if it bears the signatures of the proposer, the seconder and the candidate.
5. The maximum number of Committee members shall be 19.
6. Where there are 19 or less nominees, they shall be declared as duly elected to the Committee at the AGM.
7. Balloting shall be carried out at the AGM when the number of candidates exceeds 19; the candidate with majority of the ballot will be elected.
8. The Election Committee is to preside over the Meeting of office-bearers to nominate and elect the positions in the Committee within twelve (12) days and inform those elected Committee Members.
9. During the Meeting, the following positions shall be elected:
Executive Vice-President (1)
Secretary – General (1)
Cultural, Arts and publication officer (1)
Member Affairs officer (1)
Social Affairs officer (1)
Chairman of Youth Group (1)
Ordinary Committee members (10)
10. Balloting shall be carried out if there is more than one candidate being nominated for the same designation.
11. The new Committee shall assume duties once the respective office bearers are elected.
12. The Election Committee shall be dissolved once the respective office bearers are elected.
13. The term of the Committee shall be three years.
14. All members of the Committee, except the Treasurer may be re-elected to the same or related post for a consecutive term of office.
15. Committee is made up of 19 elected Committee Members and the Immediate Past President.
B. Immediate Past President (referring to the previous president)
1. To provide the Committee with necessary consultation.
2. If the current president succeeds, there will be no position for the Immediate Past President.
C. Committee Meeting
1. The Committee Meeting shall be held at least once in three months.
2. The quorum for the Committee meeting shall be half of the total number of Members in the Committee.
3. A notice should be given 7 days before the Committee is to meet.
4. Any member of the Committee absenting themselves from three meetings consecutively without satisfactory explanations shall be automatically disqualified from The Committee. Any changes in the Committee shall be notified to the Registrar of Societies within two (2) weeks of the change.
D. Responsibilities of the Committee
1. To formulate and implement activities of the Association.
2. To implement the resolutions adopted by the General Meeting of members.
3. The Committee has the right to make decisions in all matters not stipulated in the Constitution
4. To manage and utilize the assets of the Association.
5. To be responsible for recruiting new office staff to perform the day-to-day operations of this association and organize activities.
6. To take disciplinary action against those who damage the reputation of the Confucian Association and those who violate the Constitution; including sacking those who fail to abide by the Constitution.
7. To convene AGM and Extraordinary General Meeting.
8. The Committee has the authority to sanction any single item of expenditure not exceeding S$50,000.00.
9. Any expenditure in excess of S$50,000.00 shall have to be approved by the General Meeting.
10. The Committee shall not engage in any commercial activities.
11. The Committee may invite suitable persons to be the Academic Adviser, Honorary President, Honorary Adviser, Honorary Legal Advisor, Committee Member, whose terms of office shall be similar to those of the Committee Members, with the exception of Permanent Honorary President.
12. The Committee is empowered to nominate not more than 5 Core Members as reserve Committee Members. Such reserves shall assist the Committee.
13. All banking transactions shall be signed by two authorised signatories, who shall each be from one of the following two Groups:
Group A: President or Vice-President (Administration);
Group B: Treasurer or Secretary-General
14. If the number of Committee Members is less than 19, the Committee may appoint person(s) to fill up the insufficient number.
15. Besides the 19 Committee Members and Immediate Past President, the President can recommend not more than 3 Core Members to serve as Invited Committee Members according to the activities of the Association. Invited Committee Members will enjoy the same authority as the elected Committee Members.
16. Term of office of Invited Committee Members is the same as the Committee.
E. Standing Committee
1. The Standing Committee shall consist of:
Cultural, Arts and Publication officer
Member Affairs Officer
Social Affairs Officer
2. The Standing Committee is empowered to handle all urgent matters of the Association.
3. The Standing Committee Meeting may be called whenever there is a need to do so.
4. The quorum for the Standing Committee Meeting shall be half of the total number of Members in the Standing Committee.
F. Powers of the Executive Committee.
1.1 The President shall chair all General Meetings and Committee Meetings.
1.2 He shall represent the Association in its dealings with outside persons.
1.3 He shall lead in managing the affairs of the Association together with all the other Committee Members.
1.4 He shall have the casting vote (in the event of equal votes).
1.5 He can adjust the positions of the Standing Committee according to the activities of the Association upon the Committee’s approval.
2. Immediate Past President
2.1 Previous President, once stepped down, shall automatically become a member of the next Committee, providing necessary consultation to the Committee.
2.2 He shall hold office only for a term.
3. Executive Vice President
3.1 He shall assist President with supervision of the Cultural, Academic and Publishing group, Social Affairs group, Member Affairs group and Youth group.
3.2 He shall assist the President in leading meetings.
3.3 He shall assume the position and responsibility of the President when the President is on leave or is not in the country.
4 Vice President
4.1 He shall assist the President with supervision of the Cultural, Academic and Publishing group, Social Affairs group, Member Affairs group and Youth group.
4.2 He shall assist the President in leading meetings.
4.3 He shall assume the position and responsibility of the President when the President and the Executive Vice President is on leave or is not in the country.
5. Secretary – General
5.1 He shall be responsible for convening the Committee Meeting as well as the General Meeting.
5.2 He shall keep all the records books of the Association as well as handle all the Association’s correspondences.
5.3 He shall see that the dossiers of members are updated and check the applications for new membership.
5.4 He shall implement the Resolution(s) of the Committee, besides handling the day – to day affairs of the Association.
6.1 He shall keep an account of all money transactions that is to be forwarded to the Committee and AGM for perusal.
6.2 He is authorized to keep a petty cash amounting to S$1,000.00 for daily expenditure.
6.3 He shall prepare the annual budget of the Association.
7. Cultural, Arts and Publication Officer
7.1 To promote the development of the Chinese culture.
7.2 To run relevant classes and organize various other activities.
7.3 To take charge of all other cultural, educational, art and publishing matters.
8. Member Affairs Officer
8.1 To recruit new members
8.2 To organize get-together for members aimed at strengthening cohesion.
9 Social Affairs Officer
9.1 Promote interaction with other cultural and educational groups.
9.2 Assist the President in handling matters related to external social affairs, including receiving representatives from home and abroad.
10 Chairman of Youth Group
10.1 To recruit members aged 21 to 45.
10.2 To mobilize the Youth Group to participate and cooperate with all activities hosted by the Committee.
10.3 Represent the Youth Group in promoting exchange activities with other cultural associations’ Youth Groups.
10.4 Responsible for leading the Youth Group in initiating and executing all Youth Group related activities.
- The Association shall have the right to buy and hold immovable property.
- The Association shall have the right to apply for any loan for the acquisition of immovable property from banks or financial companies.
- The Trustees shall keep the title deeds of all the immovable property belonging to the Association and shall sign a Trust Deed to be kept by the Association.
- The Trustees have no power to sell or mortgage the property of the Association without the consent of two-thirds of the members attending the General Meeting.
- The Trustees shall implement the resolutions that have been approved by two-thirds of the members attending the General Meeting.
- The Trustees shall sign on behalf of the Association if the deal to buy or sell any immovable property has been approved by the General Meeting. But such deal can only be valid if the number of Trustees who sign the deal exceeds half of the total number of Trustees and also bears the stamp of the Association.
- The office of a Trustee shall be considered to have been vacated if he dies or becomes a bankrupt, or is of unsound mind, or is absent from the Republic of Singapore for a period of a year and more.
- The Association shall have to call a General Meeting for removing a Trustee who is found to be guilty of misconduct and hence unfit to discharge his duty as a Trustee. Another Trustee then shall be elected to fill the vacant post.
- The number of Trustees shall be 3.
- The Trustees shall receive on behalf of the Association donations either in the form of properties, or stocks from members of the Association as well as from the public.
- Any subsequent change to the immovable property, and the name of any Trustee must be notified to the Registrar of Societies within one (1) month.
- The Committee may use the funds of the Association to invest in stocks, bonds, etc., so as to increase income of the Association.
- The Committee shall appoint a trust of three members to present an investment proposal to be approved by the Committee.
- The amount of investment in excess of S$300,000 or 50% of the total balance of the Funds, whichever lower, must be approved by the AGM/EOGM.
- 由常年会员大会选出二位非董事会成员的核心会员为本会内部审计员。内部审计员任期三年， 期满可连任一次。依照社团条例第四章，若本会一年的收入或开支超过S$500,000（新币伍拾万元），则必需由注册会计师审查帐目。
- Two (2) Core Members, not being Members of the Committee, shall be elected as internal Auditors at an Annual General Meeting and will hold office for a term of three years only and may be re-elected for a consecutive term. The accounts of the Association shall be audited by a firm of Certified Public Accountants if the gross income or expenditure of the Association exceeds $500,000 in that financial year, in accordance with Section 4 of the Societies Act/Regulations.
- The Auditors shall check and sign the annual statements of accounts before submitting them to the General Meeting of members.
- The financial year shall be from 1 January to 31 December.
- Any amendments to this Constitution shall be approved at a General Meeting.
- Any amendments to the Constitution approved at a General Meeting must be approved by the Registrar of Societies to be effective.
- Whenever there is a dispute arising from doubt over the interpretation of certain provisions in the Constitution, the Committee shall have the power to provide an annotation about that matter. The decision made by the Committee shall be final unless reversed at the General Meeting of members.
- When there is a difference between the Chinese version of the Constitution and the English version of the Constitution, the English version of the Constitution shall prevail.
The Association has fixed Lunar calendar 8th month, 27th as the Commemorative Day of the birth of Confucius, and the Committee shall decide the ceremonial procedures for holding the commemorative ceremony.
- Gambling of any kind, excluding the promotion or conduct of a private lottery which has been permitted under the Private Lotteries Act Cap 250, is forbidden on the Association’s premises. The introduction of materials for gambling or drug taking and of bad characters into the premises is prohibited.
- The funds of the Association shall not be used to pay the fines of members who have been convicted in court of law.
- The Association shall not engage in any trade union activity as defined in any written law relating to trade unions for the time being in force in Singapore.
- The Association shall not indulge in any political activity or allow its funds and/or premises to be used for political purposes.
- The Association shall not hold any lottery, whether confined to its members or not, in the name of the Association or its office‑bearers, Committee or members unless with the prior approval of the relevant authorities.
- The Association shall not raise funds from the public for whatever purposes without the prior approval in writing of the Assistant Director Operations, Licensing Division, Singapore Police Force and other relevant authorities.
- The Association shall not be dissolved, except with the consent of not less than three-fifths (3/5) of the total Core membership of the Association expressed, either in person or by proxy, at a General Meeting convened for the purpose.
- In the event of the Association being dissolved as provided above, all debts and liabilities legally incurred on behalf of the Association shall be fully discharged, and the remaining funds will be disposed of in such manner as the General Meeting of members will determine to donate to an approved charity or charities in Singapore.
- A Certificate of Dissolution of the Association shall be given within seven (7) days of the dissolution to the Registrar of Societies.